It is the administrative policy of Buckeye Local School District to ensure that parents of all students have an opportunity to participate in the design and implementation of our Title I Schoolwide Program. All parents will be informed about the aspects of the Title I Schoolwide Program, including parent involvement requirements and other relevant program provisions, at an annual meeting or meetings to be held each year at the individual buildings. Parent Involvement activities may include, but are not limited to the following:
These ongoing activities and means of consultation will enable parents and staff members to work together in order to build a partnership between home and school. An annual assessment of parent involvement effectiveness will be conducted by a spring survey and parent recommendations will receive a timely response. Reasonable support for parent involvement activities will be provided at parents request and staff members will be readily accessible to parents. This Title I Schoolwide Parent Involvement Policy was approved with consultation with, reviewed by, and made available to all parents.
- annual meetings to inform parents of their school's participation in Title I Schoolwide and to give an overview of the program
- nine week progress reports / report cards
- parent / teacher conferences
- parent workshops / training by building and/or district
- providing timely information concerning Title I, such as plans/evaluations
- parent surveys related to planning, development, and operation of the Title I Schoolwide Program and parent needs assessment.
- responding to parent questions, concerns and recommendations
- newsletters and other home/school communications
- development of a School-Parent Compact
- assisting parents with school improvement issues, if applicable
- assuring that information related to school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities are sent to the parents in the language used at home.
- coordinating and integrating Title I Schoolwide Parent Involvement strategies with Head Start and Buckeye Local Early Childhood Educations
- volunteer assistance based on teacher need
- increased parent involvement activities in all buildings
- providing information about the Ohio Parent Information Center (PIRC)
- other activities, as appropriate